This is an opportunity to join an exciting international program with the KRT Trial Monitor, a joint initiative of the East-West Center and the WSD HANDA Center for Human Rights and International Justice at Stanford University. The project primarily involves monitoring and reporting about criminal trial proceedings at the Extraordinary Chambers in the Courts of Cambodia (ECCC). KRT Trial Monitor produces written reports about the proceedings and also partners with local civil society organisations to develop legal education curricula in fair trial rights and increase KRT outreach efforts in Cambodian society.
KRT Trial Monitor is hiring for two intern positions to commence in February 2016. The positions are based in Phnom Penh and include:
(1) Khmer national intern
- currently studying or recently graduated in law, politics, government, international relations, history, Cambodian studies, or another related topic;
- commitment of at least two and a half full days per week for a minimum of three months;
- demonstrated proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Ideally, the candidate would undertake training in late January and begin work at the start of February.
- A stipend of $50/month is provided.
- Please address all inquiries and send CV, cover letter expressing your interest and demonstrated skills relevant to the role, and writing sample to Mr. Lina TAY, at email@example.com.
(1) International intern
- native or equivalent spoken and written English; currently studying or recently graduated in law, politics, government, international relations, history, Asian studies, or another related topic;
- commitment to a full-time position for minimum of three months;
- demonstrated ability to work in different environment and cross-cultural skills.
- Ideally, the candidate would arrive in Phnom Penh, undertake training, and begin work in mid- to late-February.
- The position is unpaid, and the Handa Center is unfortunately unable to provide any financial assistance for costs of moving or finding accommodation. However, staff will happily provide information and tips on getting situated in Phnom Penh.
- Please address all inquiries for this position and send CV, cover letter expressing your interest and demonstrated skills relevant to the role, and writing sample to Mr. Daniel MATTES, at firstname.lastname@example.org.